Sudden PHP changes

Hey everyone. Hope you can help me again. DH has suddenly sucked @ their support again so I turn to you :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways, I’ve got several forums within my multiple domains. They all run off of phpBB. Most of my forums run off the username pyius, all of which work. I’ve got one forum that runs off the user mike_bam, that forum suddenly just stopped working and I can’t find out why and DH support helped none whatsoever.

About a week ago, it just started saying:
“Warning: Unknown(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/.february/mike_bam/bam/index.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/dh/web/phpmyadmin:/tmp:/usr/local/tmp:/dh/solidclient:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/pyius:/home/.february/pyius) in Unknown on line 0
Warning: Unknown(/home/.february/mike_bam/bam/index.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0
Warning: Unknown(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/.february/mike_bam/bam/index.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/dh/web/phpmyadmin:/tmp:/usr/local/tmp:/dh/solidclient:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/pyius:/home/.february/pyius) in Unknown on line 0
Warning: Unknown(/home/.february/mike_bam/bam/index.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0
Warning: (null)(): Failed opening ‘/home/.february/mike_bam/bam/index.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/local/lib/php’) in Unknown on line 0”

I thought it might have something to do with the .february, however, they state that it’s been like that for a long time (even though the actual path to the user is /home/mike_bam/).

And since it states “Error Unknown in Unknown at line 0”, it’s really hard to troubleshoot.

Can somebody help me please?

Thanks,
–pyius

One thing I forgot to post was the website that it derives from:

http://www.munx.net/bam/index.php

The index.html portion works fine (which is just a static html page), but it’s the forum that just suddenly started showing weird errors.

–pyius

Here is an other forum post that may be of some help.
link 1
And basically the exact same thing again
link 2

I just did a search on google for "site:phpbb.com Warning: Unknown(): open_basedir restriction in effect. " and that’s where thoes links come from. It’s about 15 hits that all say the same exact thing.

Drexion, a Support Team Member at the phpBB forum said this in one of the above links:
"The ‘open_basedir restriction’ is a hosting restriction. There may be another reason, but some hosts use it as a means of helping to prevent malicious scripts from being run. (especially in certain directories)

Basically the folder which you have uploaded the phpBB forum to has this restriction in effect - there is nothing we can do, you have to contact your host for support. (or possibly move the ‘phpBB2’ folder to a location not under this restriction?)"

I guess you should contact support again, showing them where the error is displaying (with a link) copy and past the entire error into your support ticket. and then provide them with the information here (in a link again) as well as putting the above quote as text with the ticket.

Hopefully they will be able to solve it this time for you. Perhaps, the sarge upgrade, for some reason, made this funny little change on your machine.

-Matttail

You’re probably using Remap-Subdir to map
http://www.munx.net/bam/ to /home/mike_bam/bam

The restriction is based on the directory the PHP file is located. PHP is checking to see if the PHP file is loaded from /home/pyius or /home/.february/pyius - its being loaded from /home/mike_bam instead.

Are you using PHP-Apache? You should probably switch munx.net to run PHP as CGI instead, this should resolve the problem. The restriction is put in place because as PHP-Apache, PHP executes as the web server (dhapache) instead of the user (pyius) and that can be exploited.

:cool: Perl / MySQL / HTML+CSS