Subscribe by name not email

I’m trying to set up an announce list for members of my union to subscribe on their own. It seems that I need to have their email for this to work. I only have names and addresses of our members.

Is there a way to allow members to subscribe based on a name list without having to check them individually? There are over 550 members.

Eileen

[quote]'m trying to set up an announce list for members of my union to subscribe on their own. It seems that I need to have their email for this to work. I only have names and addresses of our members.

Is there a way to allow members to subscribe based on a name list without having to check them individually? There are over 550 members.[/quote]
Question already answered. Read DreamHost Knowledge Base - How can people subscribe to my mailing list?

:cool: Perl / MySQL / HTML+CSS

I already read and reread that section many times. It doesn’t answer my question.

We have sensitive information on our site that we do not want the general public to have access to. I need to be able to have people approved electgronically without having their email.

Is that possible?

Eileen

[quote]We have sensitive information on our site that we do not want the general public to have access to. I need to be able to have people approved electgronically without having their email.

Is that possible?[/quote]
OK, see you weren’t clear on your situation.

1. You have records of names and addresses of members.
  2. You only want members to subscribe to the announcement list.
  3. You don’t have a process in place that can verify an e-mail address belongs to a member.

You would need something like this:

1. Visitors submits e-mail address to a web form.
  2. CGI script sends confirmation e-mail to the e-mail address.
  3. Recipient visits URL provided in message.
  4. URL is to a another web form, where recipient must verify name and address.
  5. CGI script sends you a message that lets you know to access the web panel and subscribe the e-mail address to the announce list.

Either that or ask members to call you or write you, etc.

:cool: Perl / MySQL / HTML+CSS