Subdomanins, ftp, and user access

I’d like to be able to give access to another user to a subdomain. However, when that user accesses the subdomain via FTP, I’d like for them go straight into the subdomain directory instead of the root directory. I want them to by-pass the root directory altogether and jump straight to where they can upload their files.

from
/

to
/something.myimaginarydomain.net

Is there any way to do this via the control panel rather than telling them to open WS_FTP and change the initial remote site folder

from
/

to
/something.myimaginarydomain.net

? I’m a newbie, so any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Why FTP?

If you have users upload files in their browser, they don’t have to find, install, configure and figure out a separate FTP program.

Since a CGI program handles the uploads, you never have users uploading files by the same name as files that already exist; you simply assign a new name to the next upload. You can restrict uploads to certain filename extensions. You can move files to whatever directory you want then to be in, and you can assign whatever permissions you want the file to have.

It’s just a lot more civilized way to do uploads. There are a number of browser upload scripts at http://www.cgi-resources.com that you can modify to fit your specific needs.