Subdomains with space limit + bandwidth

Hey everyone,

i was woundering if it is possible to limit the space and bandwidth of subdomains, for example a subdomain like www.username.name.com can be limited with space and traffic of for example 5 gb space and 5 gb bandwidth.

i want to know if it is possible already with the current package i have or is there an upgrade available for this and i want to know how of course :smiley:

Thank you in advance for everything

Tarek

You can set bandwidth limits per domain, but you can’t literally set disk space limits for a specific subdomain, but what you can do is host that subdomain under a different user that you create. You can then set space limits for that user.

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off
More Dreamhost coupons here!

Disk quotas are assigned to users. Bandwidth quotas are assigned to (sub)domains. To limit disk for a subdomain, you’d have to create a specific user with a disk quota to own that subdomain. Once the subdomain is created, you can turn on bandwidth throttling.

-Scott

How can it be that a post sits around for an hour and a half unread, then gets the exact same reply within a minute? It’s crazy! :slight_smile:

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off

It’s chemistry between you two :stuck_out_tongue:

Supernova

Need promo codes ? Check on this link.

Thank you Very Much Guys :slight_smile:

Its very appreciated it :slight_smile:

Just curious. Usually how the system controls the disk quota. What I mean is that what it does if disk quota is exceeded. Do they simply disable write permission to the user?

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

I’ve never experienced this myself, but there have been enough posters here who’ve come asking about the error message they get when they exceed their quota would lead me to believe that one gets an error message when trying to either create or grow a file.

It also seems that it only checks the quota only once a day, or maybe more frequently. So if you’re over quota and delete stuff, it does not take effect immediately. You may have to wait until after midnight, or the next quota check. Even raising the quota might not help since it’s still under quota lock until the next check.

-Scott

ok, thanks for the info

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here