Subdomain

I have a domain which will not be hosted by dreamhost, but my actual host will redirect a subdomain to dreamhost.

I tried to create easynews.ideiaspontual.com in the “add domain / subdomain” but it said “Can’t add domain: you don’t have permission to add to ideiaspontual.com.” and thats probably because this domain is already hosted by another host.

How do I create this subdomain?

thanks.

Add the ideiaspontual.com domain first (even though you are not gonna host it on DH), and then add the subdomain. You can then “delete” the hosting for ideiaspontual.com, and you should be good to go.

–rlparker

as rlparker explained, you can’t create subdomain without hosting top level domain in DH.

So you have to point your top level domain first. Remember to go to DH panel --> Domains --> Manage Domains --> Add New Domain/Sub-domain to add the top level domain after you point the DNS to DH.

Once the top level domain is hosted in DH, you can create as many subdomains as you like.

If you do not want to host the top domain in DH, you can follow rplarker’s suggestion to simply delete top domain from DH.

Save $97 with promo code: [color=#CC0000]97YES Sign Up NOW[/color]