Subdomain stats?

I can access the yourdomain.com/stats fine, but I registered a site.yourdomain.com and I don’t know what user to use for the site.yourdomain.com/stats… how do I find out how? The user that I use for the yourdomain.com/stats doesn’t work.

In the DreamHost panel, have you checked out the “Status/SiteStatistics” page? It lists your domains and subdomains and has a column labeled “# Users w/Access” where you can see the users who are authorized to view your stats. You can also add stats users and change passwords.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts

It doesn’t work… The account I use to access yourdomain.com/stats isn’t any of the users listed that have access to that domain. The one that I can use to access yourdomain.com/stats is a completely different one that isn’t listed anywhere, I think it was created when I registered my DH account.

Since this is making me so mad, is there any way for me to install Webalizer on my webspace? I like it a lot better than the one that DH gives me.

I think your stats users are different from your account users. They can also be different for every site - that is different for every domain and subdomain.

I was hoping you could get access by creating a new stats user for the subdomain.

I don’t use Webalizer so I can’t help you there. :frowning:

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts

Yeah…that’s kinda what I figured he would do.

I don’t use it either, but there is significant information on installing Webalizer on Dreamhost in the DreamHost wiki. :wink:

–rlparker

I was lost before too.

To check the user which has the access to the statistics page, go to DH panel --> Status --> Site Statistics. You should see a list of domains with # Users w/Access next to them. You should delete, edit, or create new users to access stats here.

Save $97 (MAX Discount) with code: [color=#CC0000]97YES[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes here