Sub-domains

I just wanted to know how long does it take before I can view files on my sub-domain? I created it about 2 days ago but still and I uploaded files to it but can’t access it on the web.

Any help would be much appreciated.

God Bless!

The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. - Proverbs 18:10

it appears the subdomain creation is pretty quick, but if the folder you’re pointing it do doesn’t already exist, the system seems to create the new folder with root ownership.

I’ve got the same problem at the moment. The Tech Support page also seems to be down too. Email support@dreamhost.com from an address of yours that they have on file (like the one you registered from) and cross your fingers.

Ok thanks I will try that. Indeed I did notice that a folder was created for me and it was in that folder I uploaded the files. But as you suggested i will send an e-mail to support. Thanks

The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. - Proverbs 18:10

hi do you have any progress on this problem?
I also created few sub-domains but they don’t seem to be available

Yes I did get the problem solved. I contacted dreamhost tech support and what they did was reload the DNS on the sub-domain. So try sending an e-mail to support@dreamhost.com from an address that they have on file(ie. one that you have used before with them) and they should be able to help you out.

Hope this helps.