Sub-domains across 2 (or more) plans

Hi,

What happens if I order 2 “Stictly Business” plans? Would I be able to use the combined quotas (e.g. 44G disk storage) for a single mydomain.com?

Thanks,

Karl

Hi Karl,

As far as I know, the disk space / bandwidth available is the combined total of all plans that have been added to your account. At least this is the way it seems to be structured in the control panel.

Probably the best way would be to order a single ‘Strictly Business’ plan and, once this is approved, add another ‘Strictly business’ plan to your account using the control panel.

Mark

Save $50 on DreamHost hosting using promo code “SAVEFIFTY” ( DreamHost Promo Code )

Why order 2 plans for 1 domain? Get one and then if you need extra bandwidth I would think it’s cheaper to pay for the overage than order a second plan.

What plan is best for you? Compare from this list and select the best plan

I guess it depends exactly how much excess we are talking about and whether this extra usage is occasional or an ongoing thing.

I believe the current cost for excess disk space and bandwidth is $0.10/MB and $1/GB respectively, while the cost of an extra ‘Strictly Business’ plan is $63.95/m. Therefore, if the extra usage exceeds 640MB storage and/or 64GB bandwidth, having the two plans may be the most economical way of doing things.

Mark

Save $50 on DreamHost hosting using promo code “SAVEFIFTY” ( DreamHost Promo Code )