Sub domain, other registrar

Hi,
I have another registrar for my domain.
I want to have a sub-domain redirected to a folder on my dreamhost hosting.
where my redirection should redirect to ?
What I must do in my account on dreamhost?
I tried mirrored, fully hosted, redirected…
regards,
fred

I might be confused here. But you don’t need to register your subdomain with your other register, just go to the admin panel of your dreamhost account.

select under the main menu

Domains >> Manage Domains

Click on Add Domain / Sub Domain

type in the subdomain in the Domain to Host: subdomainname.yourdomain.com

then click on the ‘Fully Host this Domain Now’

If this isn’t what you want, explain a little further.

that’s what I did, but the subdomain must be redirected to an IP address or another sub-domain and I don’t know what it is.
Actually, nothing is redirected to my dreamhost hosting. I test with *.dreamhosters.com

If you create a yoursub.dreamhosters.com here then you can direct traffic to it from your existing host’s subdomain by using a .htaccess redirection file over at your other host. It needs to be placed in the other host’s subdomain folder.

redirect 301 / http://yoursub.dreamhosters.com/

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

Would this also work for a subdomain I set up at dreamhost but needs to point to another IP? Since we aren’t allowed to edit DNS settings, I’m a bit stumped.

I’ve been given a 12-digit IP for the software I need to opoint to.

If a browser lands at your DH subdomain by default then yes, a htaccess redirect will redirect the surfer (and robots) to whatever location you specify in that file. The 301 part indicates that the move is permanent and search engine spiders will update their databases with the site’s new location, thus retaining any current search rankings.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost