Strict Standards?

software development

I just recently started recieving errors about Strict Standards such as this

Strict Standards: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system’s timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected ‘America/Los_Angeles’ for ‘PST/-8.0/no DST’ instead in /home/.gemmie/twiqueco/alpha.twique.com/twique/src/config/ModuleConfigHandler.class.php on line 108

Strict Standards: strftime() [function.strftime]: It is not safe to rely on the system’s timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected ‘America/Los_Angeles’ for ‘PST/-8.0/no DST’ instead in /home/.gemmie/twiqueco/alpha.twique.com/twique/webapp/lib/smarty/libs/Smarty_Compiler.class.php on line 390

I noticed that recently dreamhost upgraded users to 5.1.2. I believe this may have something to do with the new errors. Anyone else have any similar errors. Error reporting is set to 2039. Is there any way to edit this in the ini? Thanks in advance.

No way to edit the INI yourself. I’d suggest open a support ticket under PHP with this error asking them to update the master INI to fix this.

Although, personally, I’d rather PHP rely on the timezone of the server. lol