Streaming wma using asx

I’m having trouble streaming my wma files with my asx files. I uploaded the wax as binaries. From what i read it seems a .htaccess file would help? Or does this not work.

Example of my asx file is this
and my actual wma file is at’t Hand Cuff.wma

When I run my Asx files from my computer they launch fine but in both IE and my Firefox they just show the contents of the asx files. If i launch my asx files from the server using my ftp program they work fine also.

The code i’m using for this particular ASX file is

Da Bak Wudz - Don't Hand Cuff

The server is serving them as MIME type text/plain, which tells the browser to show it as plain text. You can modify this through a .htaccess file, but I’m not sure what the proper MIME type is for this data type.

– Dan

I think the MIME type for .wma audio files is supposed to be audio/x-ms-wax.

Simon Jessey
Keystone Websites | si-blog

The problem i’m having now is that everytime i even try to upload a .htaccess it dissapears after i change directories

That’s because on a Unix system, files beginning with a dot (".") are hidden. It’s there, you just can’t see it. Set your SFTP/FTP client to show hidden files.

If you want useful replies, ask smart questions.

use CoffeeCup FREE FTP

The .htaccess shows up always on that ftp program. You can download the free full version @ Deals & Coupon Codes. Why Pay Retail?