Strangeness on this Forum Re. "+" sign

I just noticed, when trying to edit a post to add a url containing a “plus sign”, that the forum software seems to be filter it.

It does it not only in a url (using the forum tags) but even in the regular text. You can use the html entity to “make” it work, but I could have sworn this wasn’t the case in the past.

Note that I only find this when “editing” and existing post; the plus sign (+) works fine when the post is initially entered.

Has anyone else encountered this?

this was added as an edit after the initial post was saved:

(The above line had four plus signs separated by spaces!)
The following line was entered using the html entity for the “plus sign”:

2nd edit - Confirms that editing a post removes all + signs in the post! - end result of tests: IF you edit your post, all your + will be removed from the post (I used the entity to make this entry and correct the post).
–rlparker

Yeah, the + business is a known issue, we just don’t tell anyone and let them find out for their own =)

:cool: openvein.org -//- One-time [color=#6600CC]$50.00 discount[/color] on [color=#0000CC]DreamHost[/color] plans: Use ATROPOS7

[quote]Yeah, the + business is a known issue, we just don’t tell anyone and let them find out for their own =)
[/quote]
Oops! And now I’ve gone and let the cat out of the bag…er, ah…sorry 'bout that! I can’t believe I never noticed it before. :frowning: .

–rlparker

ignore, just trying it out
2 * 2 = 4
2 / 2 = 1
2 2 = 4
2 - 2 = 0

adding an edit (this line)

2nd edit, the plus sign is gone, it disappears in the preview window

3rd edit: Here is a plus sign: (Can’t add it back in)

Try posting source code more often :stuck_out_tongue:

:cool: openvein.org -//- One-time [color=#6600CC]$50.00 discount[/color] on [color=#0000CC]DreamHost[/color] plans: Use ATROPOS7

Heh… yeah, I suppose that would make the problem pretty obvious. As you know, I rarely post source code… mainly because I’m so embarrassed by most of my code; I prefer to leave that to wizards like yourself! :slight_smile:

–rlparker

That’s one way to put two and two together.

– Dan

I like your positive attitude.

-Scott