Strange warnings in phpbb2

apps

I seam to got the following errors on my phpbb2 site when I am adding a new post.

=========================================
Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/.purrl/undisbeliever/snesdev.net/phpbb2/db/mysql4.php on line 318

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/.purrl/undisbeliever/snesdev.net/phpbb2/db/mysql4.php on line 318

=========================================

Is this warning specific to dreamhost’s php settings? and if so is there any workarounds?

I don’t think it is likely that it has anything to do with DH’s PHP settings per se (though that is possible!), as others report the same problem (see google search).

It might have something to do with the fact that DH runs MySQL 5. While I’m sure this is not a real “fix”, if your phpbb is running properly but just throwing that warning, there is a thread on the phpbb forums that has a way to suppress the warning message display.

Given that these posts are fairly recent, I expect you might find a fix forthcoming from the phpbb community “soon”, especially iof you jump in there and push for it. :wink:

–rlparker

Thankyou, Google wasn’t overly helpful this morning (The fact I was sleep deprived may have something to do with it)

I’ve used the workaround provided, all it does is suppress the warning messages. I’ll just have to add a clear session data code to my weekly backup script and I’ll be all right.