Storage Space

Are there any limitations on the use of the storage space? I know other providers do not allow for storage of non-web content. Specifically I would like to be able to backup my documents and all of my pictures(10-15gigs) in case something happens to my server at home. Is this acceptable? I did not find an exclusion in the TOS.

Thanks

DH, unlike many others, allows you to back up files to your account–but I’d still keep copyright issues in mind.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

Just encrypt your data, they would not be any copyright issues then :wink:

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#CC0000]97USA[/color] :cool: -->choose your plan (promo code included)

Another thing is to make sure that when you tell your friends where these files are that you don’t have them all download at once. This will also cause DH abuse staff to look into the content.

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!

Thanks everyone!

Actually legitimately I just want to back stuff up and I have no intention of letting anyone download it from the site.

Thanks again!

Be careful relying on DH storage. It’s pretty dang good and it does get backed up (not to tape but in a quasi-online sort of totally cool way) but it could go away at any time (such as when your hosting terminates- or if you get canceled. Have another backup just to be safe.

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!

Well, presumably it’s a backup and not an archive and as such there is a primary available. You’d have to be pretty unlucky to have your primary fail and at the same time have your account canceled.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

Not according to these forums! (grin)

Ha! You mean that it’s common for people not to take backups at all? That’s so true!

But fortunately, since the backup is going in the opposite direction, it doesn’t really hurt. (If people don’t actually back up their files to DreamHost, they won’t lose anything if their account is terminated because they were doing evil. :slight_smile:

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options