Stopped receiving mail! everything screwy!

Hello and thanks for reading this. I’m having a hell of a time with an email issue right now and I could use any help at all!

Summary: I’m not getting any email anymore and my Inbox at work is now empty (Inbox on home computer has most, but not all. Any test emails I send to that address get bounced back (see below). Email address in question is: lucas@shoutitoutloudmusic.com

What happened right before this:

Had my work email setup as IMAP account in Apple Mail in OSX 10.6 - it was not syncing properly. basically, it was only sporadically saving (or not) ‘sent’ mail locally and on server- a problem w/ IMAP in Apple Mail app which I learned from googling).

So, thinking I would just switch to a POP account, I took my IMAP acct. offline (unchecked ‘enable this account’ in Mail) and tried set up a POP account instead. It wasn’t working - not connecting to server, so I deleted the POP account and re-enabled the existing IMAP account.

When the account/folders came back up in Mail, there were no messages in it and now I’m unable to send to that account - and not getting any emails.

when I try and access via webmail (squirrelmail), I get this:

ERROR: Could not complete request.
Query: SELECT "INBOX"
Reason Given: [SERVERBUG] Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information. [2012-08-31 12:52:50]

I tried to submit to Dreamhost tech support directly but I’m not admin. My sys admin is not available. He was for a bit and bvaically said that I had exceeded my quotaa (which is part of the error message) and he reset it so there was no limit. But…that did not change anything.

Here’s the error message/reply email:

This is the mail system at host homiemail-mx21.g.dreamhost.com.

I’m sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It’s attached below.

If you are a current customer of DreamHost, please contact our
technical support team here

https://panel.dreamhost.com/support

If you are not a customer please use our contact form at.

http://dreamhost.com/contact

If you do so, please include this email in your support ticket. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

DreamHost Email Support

x12867358@homiemail-mx21.g.dreamhost.com (expanded from
lucas@shoutitoutloudmusic.com): maildir delivery failed: error writing
Reporting-MTA: dns; homiemail-mx21.g.dreamhost.com
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: DA81D6D8894
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; lukievan@mac.com
Arrival-Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 12:27:06 -0700 (PDT)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; x12867358@homiemail-mx21.g.dreamhost.com
Original-Recipient: rfc822;lucas@shoutitoutloudmusic.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: x-unix; input/output error

Date: August 31, 2012 3:27:03 PM EDT
To: Lucas Van Lenten lucas@shoutitoutloudmusic.com
Subject: test

Most of the folders for the account in question (in Mail) are grayed out, except ‘drafts’, ‘old messages’ and ‘trash’. It’s the same in webmail except there’s no ‘old messages’ folder. But ‘trash’ and ‘drafts’ are the only folders I can click on w/out getting the following error message:

ERROR: Could not complete request.
Query: SELECT "INBOX"
Reason Given: [SERVERBUG] Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information. [2012-08-31 17:14:03]

Any insight would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Lucas