STIMPY MySQL Server Is Down

Can anyone else with DB on ‘stimpy’ server confirm?

seems to be working for me… perhaps it’s back up for you by now?

My SQL server went down yesterday for almost an hour as well. My site is on Venice… How does one find out what server one’s SQL databases are on?

I just figured it out… it was on Demeter. So Demeter was down for about an hour on Thursday March 23.

Things are making much more sense to me now seeing this post. I have tracking two different areas of my personal site because they’re driven by different databases. When I checked my email this morning, there were all kinds of error reports from host-tracker about one of those areas, the one whose database is on stimpy (the error message host-tracker gave me was “Http error:Http_client.No_reply”) but not the other, which was baffling me because if the web server was down I should’ve seen errors for the other part of the site, too.

Anyway, FWIW, Host-tracker claims the total downtime was about an hour and 15 minutes. The “operation restored” message from them was timestamped 7:57 AM Eastern time.

I’d love an answer to this question, too. I see notices from time to time on about this or that MySQL server being down, but I don’t see where on the panel it tells me which servers my databases are on… How do I figure that out?

If you look under MySql Usage on the ControlPanel the server name is listed there.

Opinions are my own views, not DreamHosts’.
I am NOT a DreamHost employee OK!! :@

You act on my advice at your own risk!

Ah. Thanks. That does it. I didn’t even notice that link. :slight_smile: But I don’t know that I would have thought to check it if I had…

Mine is on SNARF and I think it may be communicating from whatever planet the Thundercats were on, considering how ridiculously slow it is right now (~250 seconds per WP Admin page).

Check out Gordaen’s Knowledge, the blog, and the MR2 page.