Stats two days off?

I’m having to watch my bandwidth usage, and suddenly finding DH stats being way off. It’s 10:30AM PT and my web stats from yesterday still haven’t run. I’m still seeing Saturday’s stats. Although common, I guess this sort of thing happens.

The bandwidth stats in the web panel are constantly two days off. For example, right now I can only see stats up until the 8th.

Is anyone else having this problem?

When I got this problem, Support said:

[quote]This happens from time to time. Due to the large amount of stats that we
run, there sometimes is a problem running your stats daily, or something
like a server reboot interrupts stat generation for that day. If stats
fail one day, that days stats will be included in the next day. If stats
are very important for you to be run every day, I highly recommend that
you check into running your own stats software[/quote]

Support basically told me the stats are two days off.

Just for you? Cos they aren’t here:

Program started on Sat, Jan 15 2005 at 3:32 AM.
Analyzed requests from Fri, Jan 14 2005 at 12:40 AM to Sat, Jan 15 2005 at 12:35 AM (1.00 days).

check your bandwidth stats in the web panel and let me know if you can see Jan 14.

I can, but it shows 0.00 MB, unexpectedly and unlike any previous day this month.

I’m gonna take a wild guess that you didn’t transfer 0.00MB, but more.

I’m having to closely monitor my bandwidth, and the stats from the web panel differ from those via analog (though now they look fine… hmmm.)

I emailed support asking why it was taking two days. On the 11th (at about 3pm) I said I can’t see the 10th. Late in the day on the 12*, Jordan replies with
[i]I see this…

2005-01-10 10034.58 MB

Just give the bandwidth page more time to update every day and everything
should be fine. [/i]

Guess it’s just my opinion, but giving the daily stats - especially when they bill you for going over - 39 hours to update is plenty of time.

I guess I’ll stick with analog. I thought they weren’t staying in sync, but they’re pretty close.

*whatever happened to DH’s promise of getting back to us within 24 hours? Is it just me, or has this mention been removed from the entire site and no longer followed?

[quote]Just give the bandwidth page more time to update every day and everything should be fine.

[/quote]

Sad to hear Support saying that since it contradicts its previous advice.

[quote]Guess it’s just my opinion, but giving the daily stats - especially
when they bill you for going over - 39 hours to update is plenty of time.

[/quote]

My opinion too. This is dangerous ground, as I found at another provider (DSVR) who’se stats would be down for days. My client rightly declined to agree liability for unseen hence unavoidable overusage, so we had to drop DSVR.

[quote]*whatever happened to DH’s promise of getting back to us within 24 hours?
Is it just me, or has this mention been removed from the entire site

[/quote]

It is still in the acknowlegement email:

This email is to let you know that we have received your message and
will be replying to it within 24 hours.

[quote]and no longer followed?

[/quote]

…and its been 2 days and 8 hours here. Which is still better than many providers IME! :wink:

[quote]It is still in the acknowlegement email:

[/quote]

you’re right, I wonder how soon that will go away.

[quote]…and its been 2 days and 8 hours here. Which is still better than many providers IME! :wink:

[/quote]

ouch. yes, better than some provide but, when some places offer unlimited disk space, unlimited bandwidth, PHP, unlimited mysql DBs, unlimited email addresses… for $4/mo I don’t expect to get support responses within 24hrs, or even for the uptime to be great.

When I pay more than that and get a lot less “stuff,” I would hope they don’t go along cutting out the reasons I host with them.

[quote]*whatever happened to DH’s promise of getting back to us within 24 hours?
Is it just me, or has this mention been removed from the entire site…

[/quote]

Found it now (FWIW):

http://www.dremhost.com/aboutus.html

But of course, the biggest difference, the one that keeps people singing our praises and referring their friends, is our customer service. Every message is responded to within 24 hours, with a friendly, helpful, and completely honest answer. Sometimes a server does go down, and we let our customers know when it happens. …