Stats Question?

I’ve been checking the stats for my site for the last month or so by going to mysite.com/stats and everything is fine. But recently when I try to goto my stats back it just directs me to mysite.com and not the stats page. Any ideas?

Much thanks!

Did you install something like Wordpress, or some other CMS?

You probably just need to add a few lines to your .htaccess file.

If yours looks something like this:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php

Try adding the lines in bold, exactly where they appear below:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/stats/(.)$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/failed_auth.html$
RewriteRule ^.
$ - [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

I do have Wordpress installed but I’ve had it installed for awhile now and had previously no trouble viewing the stats page.

I edited the .htaccess file like you said but the only thing it did was prompt for my user name and password to access the states page when I went to /stats. I entered in the password and hit ok, and it took me mysite.com instead of mysite.com/stats.

Any ideas?

Never mind, I fixed it with some tinkering of the .htaccess file.

Thanks for the help

For the record, WordPress will occasionally mess with your .htaccess file - it will touch anything between the lines #BEGIN WordPress and #END WordPress (or whatever it says there). My solution was to comment out a version of the necessary lines outside the BEGIN/END WordPress, and now if WP rewrites its section I just paste them back in and uncomment the lines.