Stats question

I see on the analog website that they offer a stat called a ‘search word report’. Dreamhost lists this report in their default settings as being ON. When I go to my stats settings page (daily), I don’t see this as being an option. I also do not see this report on my daily report page. How can I get this active?

Thanks!

In my daily stats, it’s listed as “Search Query Report”. Do you have that?

MacManX.com
I don’t work here. I’m just your typical support forum volunteer.

I do have that, but it appears to be something different. Here’s the link to the defaults. They are listed as separate reports.

https://panel.dreamhost.com/kbase/index.cgi?area=2642&keyword=analog

Thanks,
Erin

No, they’re both the same thing. Check your stats.

MacManX.com

I just checked my stats and noticed that the search query isn’t even showing. In the settings for the stats it is checked and is set to 50. Maybe it just doesn’t show if noone has connected through a search engine?

Thanks,
Erin

Search Query report tracks phrases, eg “foreign employment”

Search Word report tracks words, eg “foreign” and “employment”

:cool: Perl / MySQL / HTML+CSS

Exactly

Ok, so they’re not exactly the same thing. But, IMO, keeping track of your search queries makes far more sense than keeping track of your search words.

MacManX.com

I agree that phrases are more important than single words. I’ll try searching through google to find my site and see if it shows up tomorrow.

Thanks,
Erin

You are correct that Analog will not show a particular report if there is no data for it. So, if no one found your site through a search engine during the reported time period it won’t show the search query report.

• Dallas
  • DreamHost Honcho

We decided the search word and the search query reports are redundant and we removed the search word report altogether in the name of slightly simpler stats configurations. We only provide the search query report now and that’s what is listed in our web panel.

• Dallas
  • DreamHost Honcho

That makes sense. I tried a google search to find my site last night and it did show up on the search query report today.

Thanks for the help!
Erin