Stats of last month

Not really a problem though. I was checking on the Web Server Statistics at http://www.my-domain.com/stats/monthly.html and wonder how I could access monthly stats of last month (January 2002). Thanks.

It’s weird replying to my own post, but apparently noone knows the answer :frowning:

I don’t think you can. The program is set to overwrite the exisiting monthly report file and doesn’t archive old ones.

A better way for the program to work would be to create monthly reports and save them under their month name, ie.

2002_02.html

And then this would allow you to keep as many months worth of monthly reports as you wished.

Rgds

• wil

I’m pretty sure this is an Analog thing, though that’s not saying we couldn’t either work around it or change a configuration flag somewhere.

I sent a message to our admin and dev teams. As usual I can’t give a time-table or even promise it’ll happen, but crazier things have happened in the past. :>

• Jeff @ DreamHost
  • DH Discussion Forum Admin

Good news. Our dev/admin people are one step ahead of you - that exact same feature is already planned for our new and improved Analog stats system (the old one, as some of you quite possibly already know, has been a troublesome spot for both our admins and our customers).

Anyhow, I love to be the bearer of good news from time to time. :>

• Jeff

• Jeff @ DreamHost

• DH Discussion Forum Admin

Good to hear this good news from you Jeff (and thanks to wil for the tip). You know what, I usually download monthly report on the 30th or 31st of each month since you won’t get a full MONTHLY report on the 15th or 20th but then everything is gone on the 2nd or 3rd (if not the 1st) of the next month. What a pity!

Hi Jeff

Yes, you can configure Analog to write to files this way. Good news that this upgrade is on the cards!

Cheers

• wil