STATS & Joomla

wordpress

I have several domains hosted with Dreamhost, and when I go to the Site Status page on the control panel, it nicely lists all of my domains with links to the stats pages. OK, so I click on any non-Joomla domain, and I can view the status page without incident. But when I click the stats link for any Joomla site, I get redirected to the front page. For example, if I click “http://g04.com/stats” I get the Site Status authentication prompt, but if I click “http://JimsTips.com/stats”, I just get redirected to the JimsTips.com front page.

Any suggestions?

You just need to add a few lines to the .htaccess file. I’m more familiar with Wordpress, but you should see something in there like this:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php

If so, try changing it to this (put the bold lines exactly where they are in the example):

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/stats/(.)$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/failed_auth.html$
RewriteRule ^.
$ - [L]
RewriteRule . /index.php

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

That did it!

Site Stats now work perfectly.

Thanks!

Glad it worked. :wink:

Just so you know, you can continue to add to that if you ever need to. Example: If you run into the same problem with another directory, just add it like this:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
[color=#0000CC]RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/other-directory-name/(.)$ [OR][/color]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/stats/(.
)$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/failed_auth.html$
RewriteRule ^.*$ - [L]
RewriteRule . /index.php

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.