Starting internet business

I am starting a small internet business and was wondering which dreamhost plan would suit me best. Would the basic 9.95/mo plan be enough for now or would it be to restricting for a small business. Maybe the next plan up? I am not sure, what do you think?

Hi Anon -

It really depends on what your Internet business is going to do. A plan that is geared toward selling products and taking online transactions may be overkill for, say, someone who is offering web design services and needs a portfolio site.

Like any other business, you should tailor your purchases to your specific needs. If you have an idea of what kind of business you plan to run and what you want to do with it, let us know and we’ll see if we can make some suggestions.

One of the best things about DreamHost is that you can upgrade OR downgrade at any time, without penalty. Your account balance is simply applied to the new plan, and you pay the difference (if any).

So, don’t worry about being locked into something that you decide, later on, is too much or too little. You can always change to a different plan.

• Jeff @ DreamHost
  • DH Discussion Forum Admin