Start Using New Account

Hi All, I’m new to Dreamhost and have a few questions. I’m transferring a domain here because DH is recommended for the CMS that I plan to use. I’m still unfamiliar with the Web Panel.

So here’s my question: what do I need to do to be able to connect via FTP or SSH?

I created my DH account last night and updated the DNS info to point to DH. This morning when I ping the domain it returns a DH IP address. I haven’t yet been able to connect via FTP or SSH. Do I just need to wait longer, or is there some setting that I need to update in my account? I just noticed that when I go to webmail.mysite.com it opens the DH squirrel mail.

Thanks,
Chris

You should have gotten instructions on how to connect via FTP in your “welcome” email upon account creation.

If you can’t find that, the DH wiki has great information on FTP and ssh into the shell.

Why don’t you go there and look around a bit, then post back here if you have a specific question:

http://wiki.dreamhost.com

–rlparker

Thanks rlparker, that was it. I did get the FTP email, but without thinking I archived it as soon as I received it. I’m now connected and transferring files.

Thanks,
Chris

Good deal, and you are welcome! I’m glad you are connected and getting your stuff online. Welcome to DreamHost! :slight_smile:

–rlparker