SSL question

I need a secure connection for some small e-commerce sites. Paying for a unique ip & certificate for each one seems a bit exspensive for what they are. Is it possible to have SSL for a single domain that can be used for other multiple domains.

Eg, I would perfer something like:
https://www.maindomain.com/~otherdomainname/

If this can be done, can I use site mirroring, or will I need to manually copy the other domains to the maindomain?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Well, each certificate is good for one domain - part of what youโ€™re buying is verification that your site is the legitimate site for that domain (the other part is the encrypted communication provided by SSL).

If you think your users will be accepting, you can always set up a single SSL site.

Another possibility is buying a wildcard cert, but those are pretty expensive.

Finally, you can use a third-party payment portal allowing you to run an ecommerce site without SSL. All payment information is handled by a third party like PayPal or Google Checkout.

Use promo code [color=#CC0000]50DISK50[/color] for 50% extra disk and $50 off
More Dreamhost coupons

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

Ok, if i were to go about setting up a single SSL site to handle secure connections for other domains, is it possible to use mirroring for retrieving the data from the other domains? Or is there another way to do it?