SSL Client Authentication

Hi guys!

I’m sorry if this question was already answered elsewhere on this forum (or the wiki), in which case I just couldn’t find it.

Does DreamHost provide support for client authentication with mod_ssl? For a typical Apache installation, this would require specifying “SSLVerifyClient require” for a (among other directives like a path to the local CA’s certificate, etc.). Unfortunately, this is a kind of thing that cannot be specified in .htaccess.

TIA,
Dima

Yes they do but you would need to purchase a static IP address via the web panel.

Good Luck!

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all plans by using promo code: SRVR97. More Here

Yes, I know that I will need a static IP for just HTTPS, but I also want client authentication on top of that. It means that the server will require the client to provide a trusted SSL certificate to access certain parts of the site. Are you 100% sure they support this?

P.S. Sorry, I’m already a DH customer.

If you are talking about mod_ssl, I think DH supports it. You can take a look at this article.

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Apache_HTTP_Server

However, this is a customer-to-customer forum. We comment based on our experiences. If you want a correct answer, I’ll suggest you to check with DH support via DH panel --> Support --> Contact Support

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

I will contact DH support. Thank you for your answers!