Ssh

I consider to change from lunarpage to dreamhost just only to have ssh access. But have a doubt: ssh access is via something like java applett in cPanel or it’s really true access with ssh line command (or putty)?

It’s true access, you can access it with putty or any other client. Great feature, huh?

For 30% more diskspace, 30% more bandwidth, and $40 off use promo code [color=#CC0000]THEFULLMONTY[/color]

fidgeting.net

It’s command line! I ssh all the time using putty. I also use sftp to transfer files and use SVN+SSH as a code repository.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

Also, DH doesn’t use cPanel, they use their own homegrown one (which, IMHO, is the best I’ve ever used)

For 30% more diskspace, 30% more bandwidth, and $40 off use promo code [color=#CC0000]THEFULLMONTY[/color]

fidgeting.net

As far as I can see ssh access is only via putty or command line etc. You can’t actually access it via the panel anyway.

Get [color=#00CC00]$97 DISCOUNT[/color] with [color=#CC0000]DISCOMBO97[/color] > More Codes

you can use winSCP for secure file transfer

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#CC0000]97USA[/color] :cool: -->choose your plan (promo code included)