Ssh issue

I’ve got three domains on Dreamhost and they all work just fine.

I’m setting up a site for a friend who just signed up here, and for some reason, there’s a problem with this one.

When logging in via ssh, I get an error that says authenticity can’t be verified.

What’s up? Any thoughts?

Jalpuna! - personal blog
this is the box - radio blog
robsdemo - self explanatory :slight_smile:

it takes some minutes or hours to work :slight_smile:
try tomorrow and see if it works,

I assume you set that user for SSH access in user panel…
And I assume you gave his pass CORRECTLY CASE SENSITIVE.

You should try to access it first and see if it works if not there is something wrong with ur password or you have to wait some time before doing so

Here’s the specific error I’m getting:

The authenticity of host ‘grant.dreamhost.com (205.196.222.5)’ can’t be established.

Jalpuna! - personal blog

check if that server is ur ssh server, check next to ur thing

this is mine:
m0 shell leeloo 0.035/2920 MB (0.0%) active [ Edit / Delete ]

as a BIN/BASH

see if ur settings are like that… if not might take a day for enabling ssh, thats all I can tell you sorry

It’s listed as shell. I clicked that option this morning (well, yesterday morning by this point - Tuesday morning)

Still, no luck. I’ll try later today and then contact support I guess.

…sigh

Jalpuna! - personal blog

The authenticity of host ‘grant.dreamhost.com (205.196.222.5)’ can’t be established.

This is normal. You’re always going to get this message when connecting to any given machine for the first time. Type yes to continue connecting, and the remote host’s key will be saved in your ~/.ssh/known_hosts file (or its equivilent on whatever type of system you’re using).

Subsequent connections will compare the remote host’s key to the key in known_hosts. If they don’t match, you’re given a warning that something unusual may be going on. If they match, you can be sure that the host you’re connecting to now is the same one you connected to the first time you logged in.

If you want useful replies, ask smart questions.