Squirrelmail unsafe images option

I am trying to figure out how to remove the “unsafe images” option on squirrelmail that replaces images in an email with “this image has been removed for security purposes.”

I understand the reasons for the option as stated here http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/en_US/UnsafeImages, but I want to be able to turn it off as that FAQ states should be possible, but the option does not appear in DH’s SquirrelMail installation. Anyone been able to do this?

Is it possible that this option is only available in the newest release version 1.4.2? (DH has 1.4.1 installed)

Oh, that thing used to drive me crazy! The good and bad news is that you get used to it.

I worked with support and was never able to get rid of it. All you can really do is click on the ‘view unsafe images’ text link at the bottom of your message for EVERY message.

I’ve never seen the ‘unsafe image rules’ that the SquirrelMail site refers to, but my guess is you could use the option if you did your own install.

‘Display Attached Images with Message’ option will not work with unsafe image. Only applys to image attachments.

I would like to see if we can modify some config file to make it works.

We went over this a long time ago and as I remember, this is a default safety precaution that we can’t do anything about. Since they have ONE install of squirrelmail that everyone uses there are few plugins installed… it’s the lowest common denominator.

If it really bothers you, you can do your own install of squirrelmail and toggle as many things as you want.