Squirrelmail plugins

Is it possible for me to add plugins to Squirrelmail, or would I have to somehow do my own Squirrelmail installation?

Is it possible to do my own Squirrelmail installation, and if so, does anyone have any experience with it?

We’re usually nice about adding plugins customers request, assuming they don’t cause problems with our setup.

Doing your own install is another option that would probably work well.

Thanks for the quick reply.

One of the things I’m really looking for is to be able to create groups in my Squirrelmail address book. I believe this is a feature of Squirrelmail, but it doesn’t seem to be available when I access my webmail. I could be wrong, though.

I was also ondering if some kind of rich text window would be available for composing email. I’m assuming that it may not be an option, since I don’t think there’s a reliable one available. Given that information, if I compose an email in html, why does it seem to appear as plain text when the recipient recieves it?

An HTML email sent this way appears in plain text because the Content-Type header isn’t set correctly.

Is there any way for me to change the content type in my preferences? I’m assuming no, but I just want to make sure.

I think I may fool around with my own Squirrelmail installation. Since I’m using IMAP anyway, it can’t hurt if I try. Plus, learning something new is always a good thing.