Squirrelmail major problems (timing out?)

I’ve just started using the webmail and hope to transfer my main domain over soon. Unfortunatly squirrelmail is having lots of trouble.

Here’s what’s happening:

I log in with the correct information. I am able to get in without a problem. But after I do anything for a few minutes - usually just flipping between mail folders a bit to test it out - I get one or both if the following error messages:

“You must be logged in to access this page.”

“Unknown user or password incorrect.”

Those are straightforward messages…usually. The problem is, I’m already logged in when they appear. About half the time I can continue using the mail session, and the other half I have to log in again. It’s really strange. If anyone has any ideas how to fix this I’d love the help.

I’d be willing to install another webmail client, but I’d like to give it a chance.

I’ve tried this using both Firefox and Seamonkey (not IE, but if that’s the only way to fix it, I don’t even want to it), and on two different days, and 2 different computers, networks, etc. I’ve used 2 different accounts, but only one domain.

I’ve also been finding it dissapointingly slow (especially considering how simple the UI is), but that’s another issue.

I’d love if a staff member could help, but absolutely any help would be appreciated!