SQL query and how would someone like ME run one

SO how do I run one? heh… seriously, what GUI, or run from shell, etc. how would I run a SQL query on a database I have?

Here are the queries I am trying to execute:

[quote]SELECT table_schema, table_name, table_collation
FROM information_schema.tables
WHERE table_schema = 'your_database’
AND table_collation != ‘utf8_general_ci’;

and

SELECT table_schema, table_name, column_name, collation_name
FROM information_schema.columns
WHERE table_schema = 'your_database’
AND collation_name != ‘utf8_general_ci’;

These comands listed the tables and columns that needed to be changed to collation utf8_general_ci. We exported them and created a list of SQL commands along the following template:

ALTER TABLE ‘tablename’ CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

In place of the green highlighted string we would have the table name of a table that contained a collation other than utf8_general_ci.

After this all tables had the same collation [/quote]

Now, I have no idea where I would enter this code, nor where the output would go, how I would execute the SQL command either, etc. I have done some google searches but nothing is as dumbed down as I need. I need it DUMBED down and I was hoping someone on dreamhost would have a better understanding what we have to work with here. Thanks for any help.

To answer my question for all the other people without a clue in the future… Use phpmyadmin :slight_smile:

You can even access phpMyAdmin from you panel by clicking here http://inv.lv/JWsSCx - if you need any more help please hit us up

DH Matt C