Spamcop blacklisting dreamhost

It appears to me that Spamcop is blacklisting mailbigip.dreamhost.com

http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=blcheck&ip=208.97.132.5

Any tips for working around this so I can send email?

Contact support and hopefully they can work with spamcop again to get it unblocked.

–Matttail
art.googlies.net - personal website

http://www.dreamhoststatus.com/2006/05/30/spamcop-update/

GiraffeDesign.com

Thanks

have you bothered looking at the date of that spam cop update? well, it’s 4 days later, why is it still happenning…

oh wait, maybe it’s because dreamhost is a crappy hosting company.

I hate people badmouthing dreamhost. What do you want? dreamhost to jump on every single issue at once? They are more then likely taking care of this issue and finding out why they where blacklisted. Then they can find the offender and tell him to knock it off or discontinue his contract as it is affecting many people. Remember Dreamhost is not the reason it would get blocked. Someone spamming through dreamhost is.

“Remember Dreamhost is not the reason it would get blocked. Someone spamming through dreamhost is.”

actually, letting someone spam through dreamhost is the problem.

“What do you want?”

i want a reliable hosting and email service, something that most all other hosting companies offer. i love dreamhost but the issues (mainly email) that have been happenning over the past month is just pathetic. and you are in denial if you think it is exceptable to pay for a service that you aren’t getting.

it’s comforting to know that dreamhost’s blog is up and running fine while all of my sites, ftp, and email accounts are down and have been for hours.

of wait, maybe it’s because dreamhost is a crappy hosting company.

Actually, it’s because Spamcop runs a crappy blacklist. Read up on how their listing and delisting work and note that they do not delist mail servers based on ISP contact. In other words, Dreamhost contacting them about the listing will not help get their servers delisted.

If you want useful replies, ask smart questions.