SpamAssassin customization

My old hosting provider had a SpamAssassin control panel page where customers could configure SpamAssassin’s tolerance. For instance, you could set a threshold of 8, and any incoming email that SpamAssassin calculated as having a spam value of 8 or higher would be deleted. This worked quite well for me, and it was very nice to have the customization feature. Unfortunately, now that I am with DreamHost, I cannot find any sort of SpamAssassin configuration page. All I see is an option to turn junk mail filtering on or off. I don’t even know if it is SpamAssassin that is being turned on. Is there any way to enable and customize SpamAssassin in DreamHost? Also, what exactly is happening when I turn junk mail filtering on? Thanks,

Trevor

Ah, that was it, thanks! I never would have guessed the options would be buried inside webmail (which I never use anyway). It would be a lot nicer if they could integrate the junk mail options on the same page where you enable them…

[quote]I never would have guessed the options would be buried inside webmail
(which I never use anyway). It would be a lot nicer if they could integrate
the junk mail options on the same page where you enable them…

[/quote]

If they did, the mailbox user would (in general) be unable to reach them, since they’d be under the admin login. As it is the admin cannot (in general) reach them, since they are under the milabox login! This needs a rethink.

By the way, be warned that there are many problems with the Junk Filter. Most are with Quarantine so I’d suggest you avoid that. But beware some affect the SA options, e.g. it seems the first Policy on the list just doesn’t work.