Spamassassin 3.1.7

Has anyone performed a successful install of this version? I can send the sample-spam.txt file thru via the command line, but I don’t seem to have luck sending emails.

It acts like the handoff thru to trigger spamassassin is not working.

It’s late, I’m tired, and not thinking clearly. I’ve read most of the posts in this forum but am not making a connection to solving this. Thanks,
Jeff

check the wiki. Apparently a couple of people have had success.

Wholly

I’ve been thru the wiki area also. I’ve set this up step by step several times now. I have the .forward.postfix running mail thru procmail. What is not showing up in the mail headers is the “X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.1.7” indicator. No idea why.

I’ve also been looking at debugging with procmail. I can’t even get this to do basic logging. Ideas on how to test if the .forward.postfix is working?

retiredchief,

Did you ever get this resolved? I’m having a similar problem with my installation. I previously had the DM spamassassin turned on, but I was still getting high-levels of spam. I installed 3.1.7 in my local directory. I’m not seeing the “X-Spam-Checker-Version” in the headers. I’m not even seeing the .procmail folder, so I can’t see logs. I’m wondering if the installation is working, but I don’t know how to check it (so far, my e-mails are going through).

Thanks!

Yes I did.
First, make sure the SSH/FTP account you are using has your email address associated to it. It is a bit odd the way it ended up for me and I wonder if there isn’t an easier way. The goal was to set it up so my domain was under my user directory. (i.e. /home/myuser/mydomain.com). Once I had that, I was able to test the .forward.postfix and the .procmailrc setup to make sure things were working, at least up thru procmail. As soon as I started generating pmlogs I figured I was on the right path. I then followed the steps to install SA. Working like a charm. Now I need to spend time training and tweaking.

Thanks for the info! I did manage to get mine setup as well. The “installing under the user” thing had me confused.

One other question, how did you set up your domain under a specific user? I only have my domain under the master user, but I setup another user as my primary e-mail address. I’d rather have it set up closer to your config. Thanks!