Space & BW increase

It says the space & BW Automatically Increases Weekly, what is the max amount it will go to?

Enter COMPUWIZ when you sign up to get the max discount possible! b[/b]
Enter COMPUWIZ1 to get the up to $87 off & I get $10!

I don’t think there’s an upper limit. It’s not like it really grows by that much relative to the initial limits - 0.5% a week or about 25% (noncompounded) a year.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]LENSMANFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LENSMAN97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

Mine’s been going up every week since 1998…and that is a lot of weekly updates :wink:

–rlparker

Ok, that question is answered. One last one, do you have to submit any extra information to get SSH access? I was considering Hostmonster but they cost more (although they do have cpanel which i like), but you have to send them a scanned image of a photo ID to get SSH access.

No, you don’t.

emufarmers.com
Very little to do with either emus or farmers!

I dint see anything about it in the TOS, but just to make sure, are you allowed to host files? Like maps and mappacks for games?

Host whatever you want, as long as it’s not copyright infringement or illegal.

emufarmers.com
Very little to do with either emus or farmers!

I think you are worried by DH’s great offers.

Yes, yes, yes. Space and bandwidth increase weekly and there is no limit (from what we know so far).

When you creat user in DH panel, you can choose to have a user with only FTP access, or only SSH access, or both FTP and SSH access. You do not need to provide any information but just simply click on the option.

Welcome to DH!

More code here Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) with [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color] SignUp NOW

If I were to order web hosting now, when would I actually get the site? Would it be tonight or tomorrow?

It depends on a lot of things, including the fraud screening process. I have seen some accounts available in minutes, and others take days, and I have no way of knowing which case yours is likely to be.

–rlparker

from what we have experienced, your web panel will be available instantly. You are able to see your account information in the web panel. But it takes some time to get the account approved because of the fraud screening process as rlparker mentioned. We can’t tell how long it takes since it is case by case based. some people get their accounts approved in minutes, some people get their accounts approved in few days.

More code here Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) with [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color] SignUp NOW

It can happen very quickly.

Make sure you use a promo code to get the best discount and best storage and bandwidth to start out with.

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!

What are the advantages of having a Dedicated IP address? And do you happen to know their connection speed?

Do you mean dedicted server?

Dedicated server in DH has all the features of strictly business plan. The difference is that you are the only user on the dedicated server. No one shares your space. No one shares your bandwidth. No one shares your CPU and memory.

Usually people choose dedicated server for reliable performance.

A dedicated or unique IP address allows you to use an SSL certificate/secure hosting (https) for your domain, I believe it also allows you to have anonymous FTP configured. A unique IP also allows you to access your site by IP address, which is sometimes useful during DNS propagation etc.

There may also be advantages when it comes to search engine optimization, as you will not have to worry about any ‘nasty’ sites sharing the same public IP address as your site and possibly affecting its rankings.

DreamHost has multiple high speed pipes to the Internet. As for the speed you can expect from your particular server, this will vary greatly depending on the server you are on, who you are sharing it with and other things such as the time of day etc, so it is very difficult to give a concrete figure. I can say that I have seen in excess of 2MByte/s from my server when using WGET to transfer to a remote host.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)