Sorbs.net blocking email?

Any one have any idea what this is? (IP addresses changed to protect privacy)

host mxi1.broadbandsupport.net[209.55.x.xxx] said:
554 Service unavailable; Client host [205.196.x.xxx] blocked using
dnsbl.sorbs.net; Spam Received See:
http://www.sorbs.net/lookup.shtml?205.196.xxx.xx

If you didn’t munge the IP address we’d be able to read the URL you were given. As it stands, yes, it appears SORBS is listing 205.196.xxx.xx.

In my experience, most ISPs won’t waste their time dealing with SORBS, as they don’t remove hosts from their “spam database” without a $50 fee, which is tantamount to extortion. Your best bet is to have the intended recipient complain to their ISP/hosting company/sysadmin for using this list in the first place. If this fails, try using a different SMTP server.

If you want useful replies, ask smart questions.

well, the IP address is the home PC/modem of one of my message board participants. The ISP is Cebridge.net. The SMTP server was Dreamhost.com. Here is the message from SORBS:

Database of servers sending to spamtrap addresses
Address: 205.196.210.16
Record Created: Tue Jul 12 22:37:43 2005 GMT
Record Updated: Tue Jul 12 22:37:43 2005 GMT
Additional Information: from faceman.dreamhost.com (faceman.dreamhost.com [205.196.210.16]) by admin.mcwebber.net (8.10.2/8.10.2) with ESMTP id j6CMIRx04108 for [email]; Tue, 12 Jul 2005 17:18:27 -0500
Currently active and flagged to be published in DNS
If you wish to request a delisting please do so through the Support System.

Just an offhand idea, but a growing number of big ISP/mail hosts are blocking mail that is sent from an SMTP server at a “residential” IP. That is, my own smtp server at home could not even open a session with mail.aol.com because my IP is from Roadrunner/Time-Warner. I had to start smart-relaying through my domain server.

Not sure if that applies to your situation…