Soon-to-be-new-customer Needs Suggestions Please

Hi everyone! This is my first post on DH forum. I am currently working on making a website for my personal interests and i have decided to use DH for hosting. Nice to meet y’all.
At this point, I have been stuck though… I’m not sure which plan would fit me. I am not gonna expect huge traffic but i am hoping to have a section on my site for multimedia for people to download (mostly my friends and probably a few ppl who stumble upon the site). It’s been a toss up for me between L1 and L3 for 2 years. Please advise!

Hi and welcome to the forums :slight_smile:

I would suggest going with the L1 plan at first, you can always upgrade later if you need to.

Plan changes can be made from within the admin panel and take affect almost immediately. Also, you will not lose any money when you upgrade as the unused portion of your current plan is put towards the cost of your upgrade.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

The only significant difference is 3 versus 0 callbacks per month, which is a factor of infinity higher, for only about twice the monthly fee.

Other than a factor of two difference in a ridiculous amount of disk space and data transfer. :slight_smile:

You can always upgrade plans later, although there is some chance this “special” deal won’t be available. There’s also some chance they’ll add callbacks to all plans, or reduce prices.

The important thing is to use a $97 promo code.

You are welcome to a refund.-Michael;Comparing ‘DH of today’ with ‘DH of old’ does not serve much purpose.-Dallas

If it’s only a site for personal interests, you probably wouldn’t be able to justify going for L3, unless you desperately wanted callback support (which is only available to US-based customers). If 2 TB isn’t enough bandwidth (although I assume it should be), remember it does increase weekly.

Save $97 on all yearly plans with the promo code [color=#CC0000]DREAMZAP[/color] – zaps the monthly plans too!

thank you for the quick replies! i’ve just signed up for the L1 plan. ^_^v

PS after some looking up, i found that the 9999 code is the best one to use. Happy 9th anniversary Dreamhost!

Would you like some ice cream?