Something funky between Dreamhost and Paypal IPN?

I’m using a Paypal IPN postback (both CURL and fsockopen have this problem):

If I use: curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL,“http://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr”);

It works perfectly, but it’s the sandbox, once I switch the url to:

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL,“http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr”);

It times out with no response!

I’ve confirmed that this is a Dreamhost issue, as I tried it on a different host and it worked fine on both sandbox and regular.

Any ideas?

I’ve confirmed this issue goes away if I try a site on alondra (dreamhost webserver).

However the site in question is on frappe :frowning: Could I get it moved to alondra?

[quote]I’ve confirmed this issue goes away if I try a site on alondra (dreamhost webserver).

However the site in question is on frappe :frowning: Could I get it moved to alondra?[/quote]
DreamHost might be able to do that for you if you ask, but I’m thinking it might be better all around if you could determine why it works on one and not the other. Different versions of apache? Different PHP coversions/configurations?

–rlparker

phpinfo()'s are nearly identical between alondra and frappe except for this:

Alondra: Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_throttle/3.1.2 DAV/1.0.3 mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 mod_gzip/1.3.26.1a PHP/4.4.8 mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7e

Frappe: Apache/2.0.61 (Unix) PHP/4.4.7 mod_ssl/2.0.61 OpenSSL/0.9.7e mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 DAV/2 SVN/1.4.2

YEP! Two different version of Apache, and that is a pretty significant difference! Did you google for any “quirks” involving the Paypal code and Apache 2?

–rlparker

Yah I’ve been googling for four hours never – rarely do I get stumped like this :slight_smile:

I’m hoping they can just move me to alondra (or any other apache1 server).

I hear ya! Good luck, and hopefully they will be able to get you set up on a 1.3 apache instance. :wink:

–rlparker

I am trying to set up PayPal Express Checkout on refresco, which is

Apache/2.0.61 (Unix) PHP/4.4.7 mod_ssl/2.0.61 OpenSSL/0.9.7e mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 DAV/2 SVN/1.4.2

How did this issue get resolved?

Jim, I don’t know how the issue got resolved, as the original poster never posted back.

–rlparker