Some users questions

1. How i allow my user to access his subdirectory?

2. Does it mean i can never access his subdirectory once i assign to user?

3. Where can my user access his email?

1. When you create a new user they are assigned a new user space: /home/user/ - if you set the user up as FTP only he would access his space via FTP using the user name and password you setup when creating the user. If you set him up as a shell user he will be able to connect via FTP or shell.

2. You’re setting it up, so you will know the username and password.

3. Users are assigned a mailbox when they are created by default (there is an option for no mailbox should you choose it). Having a mailbox they can access it via POP3 or IMAP in any mail client, or via webmail.

4. check this out: https://panel.dreamhost.com/kbase/ should answer the majority of your questions.

[color=#0000CC]jason[/color]

For the first 2 questions, try “Remap Sub-Dir” under the Domains tab in your Web Control Panel.

As for e-mail, I wouldn’t doing that AT ALL. I would be very reluctant even when asked by the client himself.

GungHost.com :: DreamServers.net :: DreamRegistrar.com

As for e-mail, I wouldn’t doing that AT ALL. I would be very reluctant even when asked by the client himself.

You wouldn’t give someone else a maibox? Whyever not?
(I assume you meant “I wouldn’t [recommend] doing that…”

LOL! Sorry for misreading the thread starter’s question. I thought he was asking about accessing his customer’s e-mail. :embarrassed:

GungHost.com :: DreamServers.net :: DreamRegistrar.com