I’m having a trouble with a new, clean install of Mediawiki 1.15 (advanced one-click method). Images can be successfully uploaded, but they are not usable in wiki pages: attempting to click and view the just-uploaded image yields an Internal Server Error (404).
On a wiki page where the image is embedded, the image simply doesn’t display- instead I just see the image title. How can I fix this and make uploads usable on wiki pages?
Possibly helpful info:
- Turning off short URLs does not fix this problem- it just clarifies that the internal error is a 404.
- ImageMagick has been disabled (per other forum threads). If I re-enable it, the problem still happens.
- Via SFTP, I can download the image (and thumbnails). The files aren’t corrupt. (Mediawiki even reads the image metadata correctly- it just doesn’t display the image!)
- The permissions on the “images” directory (and subfolders) are drwxr-xr-x, the default setting. A quick forum search suggests that this should be ok.
- Hashed upload directories are in use (the default setting)
The file size is 1.12 MB, well below the upload limit. (it’s a full-page scan of some handwritten notes) A smaller image gives the same problem.