Social network email limit

I’m creating a social networking site. Was considering you site to host until I saw the 100 emails/hour send limit. What hosting should I look for? I estimate 50,000 to 2,000,00+ users, 20,000+ active usersand want the service to scale decently. Obviously, I am willing to pay more than $6 per month as the site scales. Can dreamhost handle this? Or should I be looking elsewhere?

Everything is True. Nothing is Possible.

Want to host facebook on DH ? :wink:

Get [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#CC0000]50USA[/color] :cool: -->choose your plan (promo code included)

There’s no way you’d be able to host a site like that on DH. You should be looking for a dedicated server.

For 30% more diskspace, 30% more bandwidth, and $40 off use promo code [color=#CC0000]THEFULLMONTY[/color]

Web Design and Development

I agree with them. If you want to create a networking site with 50,000 to 2,000,00 users, you should not look for shared server. I’ll suggest you to look for dedicated server or probably use your own servers.

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

Rackspace seems to be pretty popular. Dunno what their prices are, though.

-Scott

Definitely need dedicated hosting.

Use promo code “DREAMHOSTFIFTY” for $50 OFF
Use promo code “STINGYREFERER” for $1 OFF
http://www.dreamhost.com/hosting.html

Well, if you’re looking to spend big money on hosting, you can definitely contact pre-sales support through the following url:
http://dreamhost.com/contact.cgi

They will be able to advise you of their ability to scale your hosting to support your needs.

Use promo code [color=#CC0000]50DISK50[/color] for 50% extra disk and $50 off
More Dreamhost coupons

Facebook? I’ve heard of it …

Actually, was thinking of something with the better features of okcupid and adultfriendfinder, with a touch of myspace. It should start out slow, but likely to scale, if I am the coder I think I am.

Unfortunately, no one I know is on facebook (sad, but true).

Everything is True. Nothing is Possible.

just how many more of “myspaces” and facebooks can we handle? i mean to keep in touch with friends you have to register with so many social sites that sometimes i think it would be better if we only had one kind of like centralised? but i am sure someone can come up with a way of linking these site together :wink: hint hint

I think the problem is two-fold:

1. No one has quite gotten social networking working quite right. MySpace and Facebook (and Linked-In) have come very close for their demographic, but they haven’t broken out past those demographics.
  2. As with many of these such things, the prospect of monetization draws people to create clone sites in the hopes of future riches.

I’m not saying that either of these things is bad, I kind of think of it as “The American Way” - in the freedom to succeed sense, not the jingoistic sense. Entrepreneurship and hard-working small-business people at their finest!

To ask a different question that many people feel very strongly about: How many wikis do we need?

What are [color=#CC0000]50DISK50[/color], [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color], and [color=#CC0000]1IP1DOM50[/color]?
They’re Dreamhost coupons!

I think the OP need a clustered hosting, right ? As it need very high scalable if it succeed to be a popular social networking site.

Supernova

Need promo code? Use [color=#00CC00]Supernova[/color] (you get $50 off on yearly plans): SIGN UP NOW !

Check out instructions on how to apply the code !