So I stopped cloaking a domain

Where did all the files associated with the cloaked domain go?

You realise cloaking just displays the contents of another web site in a frame? So if you had a site abc.com and made it a cloak of xyz.com so the actual files are on wherever xyz.com is hosted…

I am aware of that. But it turns out abc.com already had files on it xyz.com did not, and now that I don’t want to cloak the domain anymore, it would seem as if everything previously on abc.com got wiped out.

Is it possible that you set the domain to a different FTP user or to a different path than it was using before? We don’t get rid of anything automatically like that, so chances are that it’s just somewhere different from where you’re looking.

Right now I’m getting this error:

[quote]
Domain Cloaking Error
We’re sorry, we had a problem with our web panel when you set up cloaking for your domain spectraperu.org!
Please go to the DreamHost Web Panel’s Domains > Manage Domains area and click the [Edit] link next to spectraperu.org to re-configure cloaking.

Error: no domain spectraperu.org – if you recently set this up, please wait up to one hour.[/quote]

It’s been more than an hour now and if I try to access the WebFTP service I get the following message:

All I did was click “Remove cloaking” so I’m not sure how I could have messed with the FTP config. In any case, how do I get it back to what it was?