So how is this going so far?

I signed up
Could not figure out FTP site
Found there was no real help system
Left a message on this board, got a response without any useful help, tried to reply to that email and it bounced back.
Got another response from some whacko
Went to dreamhost.wiki, selected FTP section and the page is blank.
Learned that I have to register for the site, this board and DreamHost Wiki separately.
Great start!

Apparently your payment information was accepted, and your account was opened. Be grateful for small favors. :slight_smile:

[quote]tried to reply to that email and it bounced back.

[/quote]

Yes, we have no postings that way.

[quote]Got another response from some whacko

[/quote]

On behalf of whackos, welcome!

If you didn’t read the TOS, it says something like you have to more or less know what you’re doing… or be able to learn. :wink:

[color=#00CC00]ANONYMOUS0=>Max Discount[/color] [color=#6600CC]ANONYMOUS2=>Max - $1.[/color] Being mean doesn’t make you look smarter than him. And bigoted remarks are not appreciated on this forum.

The problem with a blank page is a link issue with this forum. Follow the link from the search page or see the edited previous post…

[color=#00CC00]ANONYMOUS0=>Max Discount[/color] [color=#6600CC]ANONYMOUS2=>Max - $1.[/color] Being mean doesn’t make you look smarter than him. And bigoted remarks are not appreciated on this forum.

Well, I’m sorry that you didn’t find any helpful information in the four (4) links I provided you (one of which was a DH Wiki page with lots of information on setting up and using FTP), and that I wasted both our time with that attempt to help you. :wink: As I guess you have now noticed, the email you received was only a notification that there had been a response to your post on the Forum - to “answer”, “reply” or “respond”, you have to visit the forum.

[quote]Got another response from some whacko … Went to dreamhost.wiki, selected FTP section and the page is blank … Learned that I have to register for the site, this board and DreamHost Wiki separately… Great start!
[/quote]
I agree that you have not had a “great start”; your response to the help you were offered (by people volunteering their time) is not likely to encourage others to want to go out of their way to try to help you further.

On the chance that you are just having a bad day, and are not really such an ass, I’m willing to try again if you are willing to loose the attitude.

Did you visit any of the links to articles in the DreamHost wiki that I provided you in my first response? If so, did any of what you read there make any sense at all or was it all beyond your understanding? Is it possible that you didn’t see the “links” I provided because you only read the email you received instead of reviewing the respsonse in the forum (where the “links” are [color=#0000CC]blue[/color])?

I only ask because if you decide you want any further help from me, I need to know what information in those articles you did not understand so I can try to provide you with some information you will find useful.

If, on the other hand, you just want to vent, I’ll just wish “Good luck!” and move on. :slight_smile:

–rlparker

Which was the response "without any useful help? and who was the purported wacko?

Good start!

No, really, are you trying to move your blog from Blogger to a WordPress site here or are you just trying to host some media files here?

BTW, be careful not to violate copyright restrictions here. (I’m not being judgmental but just want to make sure you’re careful and don’t have a bad experience).

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

[quote]I agree that you have not had a “great start”; your response to the help you were offered (by people volunteering their time) is not likely to encourage others to want to go out of their way to try to help you further.

On the chance that you are just having a bad day, and are not really such an ass, I’m willing to try again if you are willing to loose the attitude.[/quote]
Speaking for all the whackos, :wink: you don’t speak for us. :smiley:

What’s the trick for getting the wiki links to work right?