SMTP problems

Is anyone else having problems sending email? I can’t send at all, and now my clients are calling to complain. Ack!

Yep, I have the same problem here for a few days now. I receive e-mail, but cannot send any.

You haven’t been able to send anything for a few days? My SMTP connection comes and goes, but outages usually don’t last this long. I haven’t been able to send any email for about an hour now.

Yes, I haven’t been able to send anything for a few days now. I’m contacting support to ask what’s going on.

Are you having problems connecting, or are you getting an authentication failure? While the problem is happening, is it consistent?

What mail client are you using?

I am having both a “lookup failure” and a “timeout error”. They vary, for some reason.

I’m using Microsoft Outlook Express 5.5, and this just started happening in the last hour. It’s also happening to one of my clients, so it’s not just my email box. I submitted a support request, but I’m beginning to worry - this client has complained about SMTP errors before.

The error that I am getting right now is:
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: ‘dana@liquidesign.ca’, Server: ‘mail.liquidesign.ca’, Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

I can ping mail.liquidesign.ca:25 with no problems - average return is 97ms.

– EDIT (10 minutes later): Now it’s working, of course. But I would still like to know what the heck is going on with SMTP.

For me the problems are consistent. My mail client is Eudora 5.1.1.

This is the error message I get:

frank@ingeniousworks.com, Connecting to the Mail Server…
Error reading from network Cause: Connection closed by foreign host. (0)

I’m looking into this, and hopefully it should be resolved shortly.

postfix error?

[color=#00CC00]Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: RE: plans
Sent: 10/23/2003 1:05 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

foo@foo.com’ on 10/23/2003 1:06 PM
451 foo@foo.com: Temporary lookup failure

‘foo@foo.com’ on 10/23/2003 1:06 PM
451 foo@foo.com: Temporary lookup failure[/color]

tryin to be helpful, not naggy. Enjoy happy dh fixit team

[color=#0000CC]jason[/color]

still having thhis problem intermittently last night and again this morning. I couldn’t get into the panel last night to contact support about it but have done so today.

Am I right in the assumption that it’s a postfix error message?

[color=#0000CC]jason[/color]