SMTP problems

I’m having trouble sending mail through annehutchins.com and annehutchinswebdesign.com this evening (it was working fine this afternoon). When I try to send through either email address I get the following from Outlook Express:

“The connection to the server has failed. Account: ‘Anne Hutchins Web Design’, Server: ‘mail’, Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E” (same message with annehutchins.com)

My SMTP through Cox.net is working fine – I sent two test emails from that POP through Eudora with no problem. I also disabled the NAV email protection from the Outlook Express client with no results.

I hope this is a temporary situation – those two domains are for business, so I really depend on them.

I believe this usually occurs when Outlook cannot connect to the SMTP server - this could be because of a number of things …

• your internet connection is down (or blocked by a firewall or anti-virus/proxy program)
  • the SMTP server is busy & cannot respond before a ‘timeout’ occurs

When this happens to me, I simply curse a few times & then try again a few minutes later.

– insert witty sig line here –