SMF Installation Problem

apps

I am using the webinstaller to install SMF. I have made it all the way to the create your account page where it asks for “MySQL Database Password: The installer requires that you supply the database password to create an administrator account, for security reasons.” When I enter the password of the database I used for the SMF install, I get the following error:

Cannot connect to the MySQL database server with the supplied data.

If you are not sure about what to type in, please contact your host.

Any ideas?

Where does the “webinstaller” reside (I’m not familiar with SMF install options)? If it’s running from SMF’s website, or any other “non-Dreamhost” site, you will need to specifically allow access to the database from that IP address or domain to be able to connect. You can set this up in the DH Control Panel. Just a thought…

–rlparker

Remember that your database doesn’t reside on “localhost”… you must have created your database and choose a name for it… check that these dates are correct…

as vicm3 said, please first check your mysql server name. it should not be “localhost”.

To check your mysql server name, go to DH panel --> Goodies --> Manage MySQL

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].