Smf 1.0.4

apps

Currently I’m using SMF 1.0.3… trying to upgrade to 1.0.4. I tried to upgrade/patch through the Package Manager but it didn’t work.

The error says:
"An Error Has Occurred!

The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF."

Also, I can’t seem to connect to any of the Package Servers.

Please help!

Thanks.

PHP’s allow_url_fopen has been disabled on Dreamhost.

That means that you can’t browse the packages, or download them.

In order to update to 1.0.4 you need first download the update package to your local computer. Then you go to Package Manager in SMF’s control panel, choose Download New Packages, and use the Upload Package field to upload the update package that you downloaded previously. That will work.

Is there any way to make the downloading in the Package Manager works?

I tried uploading the update package (.zip) using the Upload Package, but it didn’t work. Error message: “The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted.” The upgrade package didn’t work either, same error message.

This is what the developer said on the SMF forum:

The files on the download page CANNOT be installed with the package manager. The package manager update is available through a message in the Package Manager on your current install. The files on the download page here need to be uploaded manually to your forum - so it doesn’t matter which file type you download.

Does that mean I have to upload the files manually using FTP?

Thanks.

I just grabbed the URL for the update package from the message in the package manager. That, at least, worked just fine.

As to how to make it work: you could compile your own PHP and allow URL file accesses in the config?