Slow slow slow - again!

Is there something wrong on the servers again? Earlier today I was getting good response times, but now on non-cached pages it is taking ages to load the page. I’m also trying to open the WP console page and it’s been ‘connecting’ for about 2 mins and counting.

Cached pages are loading very fast as I would expect. So is there a DB problem?

Seems we get these issues quite frequently. A DH person suggested it was my pages but I’ve checked these and I completely disagree as the response is intermitent.

WP console just crashed - great, thanks DH. Can someone check this please.

Site is www.AlternativeAfricanAdventures.co.uk

Loading your pages super-fast here in Chicago on Comcast Cable.

The cached pages load fine - it’s non-cached pages or the WP console that is very slow/crashing. So does this suggest a DB connection issue?

Hi Carl,

I apologize that you’re having issues with your site. I looked intoAlternativeAfricanAdventures.co.uk and I also found all the pages to load quickly. I would recommend you send our support team a ticket here
https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=support.msg& so they can further investigate the issue. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask us.

Thanks,
Matt C

Ha ha, is no one listening? The cached pages (the home page is one) load fine for me too. It’s non-cached pages and the WP console that is dying. I can’t even get on as Admin - I get a ‘Database error’ message.

If I could log on I’d clear the cache , but then non of my users would be able to access my home page so maybe not a good idea :wink:

Same here today on my VPS. I’m not doing anything out of the ordinary and as far as I can tell, there isn’t a huge influx of traffic. Yet the CPU load is high, hitting 70 and 100 at one point. It goes into the 20’s and 30’s and then drops back down after a bit.

For anyone who doesn’t believe me :wink:

Go to my site, on the right select Botswana (which is cached and will load) then select the ‘Delta and beyond’ holiday link. This last page is not cached and you will see the site crash.

I can’t get into anything now as WP connection is down for me.

I’m not a happy bunny!

Clicking on Botswana is sloooooooow. As is clicking on the holiday link.

Yeah, I’m not exactly happy either. Still having domain registration problems. Registered on Sunday afternoon and my domain is still not active or even listed under my domain registrations…

Things seem back up again, although still not flying.

Glad the DH team came on here to explain what was going on. Thanks guys (that’s sarcasm, by the way!)

FWIW, the people who probably fixed that was Engineering, and they don’t get a lot of time to come and see what’s the status quo in the forums. (Somewhere in there is an Office Space joke about how engineers don’t know how to speak to people, but I think they’d shoot at me with nerf guns again if I said that…)

And again we lose the sites. How many times is this going to happen? DH seems like an amateur setup not the professional company I was led to believe. It’s pathetic, and all I ever get back is “we’re sorry, but it seems to be up again now”.