Slow loading

wordpress

Hi

I have been experience few problems with loading the website pages. My site is build with html, css, php and Mysql. When I try to access different pages in my site, it takes a long time to load and some times it load fast and sometimes it doesn’t. Is it because of the Share hosting or the server is very slow during night time ? I put the site on another server and it loads pretty fast. Could it be the databases in the shopping cart?

It could be a lot of different things. If you give us the site address, folks here on the forums will take a brief look at it and see if they can spot anything right off the bat.

I always like creating test sites with specific known performance characteristics. For instance, I always create an html-only page. I also create a bog standard Wordpress one-click installation.

Being able to compare the performance of different pages - a static page, a simple dynamic page, and your full blown website, will help point to what the underlying problem really is.

Oh, and just to be sure - did you personally code your site or did you use off-the-shelf software of any kind?

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off
More Dreamhost coupons here!

I personally coded all the pages with exception of shopping cart that I integrated with my site. How do I find out if its the shopping cart that causes the lag?

Which shopping cart did you integrate?

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off
More Dreamhost coupons here!

The shopping cart that I integrated with is called Cartweaver.