.sk.ca domain problems

When I add: archalumni.sk.ca to host this domain I recieve the
following response:

Can’t add domain: you don’t have permission to add to sk.ca.

Does anyone have a solution? I entered a support ticket in and dreamhost has not responded (over 18 hours…)

[quote]When I add: archalumni.sk.ca to host this domain I recieve the
following response:

Can’t add domain: you don’t have permission to add to sk.ca.[/quote]
Have you previously added sk.ca to the DreamHost system?

My understanding is that you need to add the sk.ca domain to the system before it will allow you to add any sub-domains, even if the sk.ca domain is hosted elsewhere. You just end up with a sk.ca directory that you can ignore :slight_smile:

Of-course, if the sk.ca domain is hosted elsewhere, you will need to configure the DNS for the domain to direct the archalumni sub-domain to the correct DreamHost IP address (which may well change).

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

Thanks for the response. The .sk.ca is actually a domain extension. sk - saskatchewan, ca canada so this is not a subdomain. However I’ll try your suggestion. Add sk.ca then the subdomain.

Your suggestions worked!! Thanks.

Thank you for the information. I knew, of-course, that the .ca designated Canada, but I was unaware that .sk designated a particular state/territory. It would seem that the DreamHost system was unaware too :slight_smile:

I am guessing that we would see a similar situation for domains such as .co.uk, .com.tw and a myriad of others out there.

Anyway, I am glad the solution worked for you.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )